Thursday, June 17, 2010

Double Birthday

My parents actually have the same birthday, which just happens to fall on Father's Day this year! So needless to say, Sunday is a big day for my family.

Here's the card I made for my dad for his birthday:That little word bubble, it use to say "thanks a latte" but I really wanted to use it for this b-day card. So, I used my Stampin Write Markers to draw out the word bubble and the put the sentiment of Happy Birthday in. I used dimensionals to pop it up. This is by far one of my favorite cards I've made in a while. (And I'm finally using up this dsp! yay!).

The next card is the one I made for my mom....
I just love the sweetness of the cupcake stamp and its definitely a color combination I've never tried before. I just got that pink gingham ribbon off the SU! clearance rack a couple weeks ago (see, I'm breaking it out early in the game!).

So, which card is your favorite?

3 comments:

stampinBetty said...

I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE that retro coffee card. I might just have to make one like it myself :) I am so glad you started posting again!! I'm subscribing :)

One Day at a Time said...

I think they're both great! Appropriate for a mom and dad :)they will love it!

Kirstin @ Hello Kirsti said...

love the cupcakes of course!!